Friday 18 October 2013

Fountain Pen Day competition

Hello to all the Fountain Pen appreciators out there!

As you will almost certainly be aware, Fountain Pen day is on the 1st of November and we’d like to know how you will be marking the occasion. And if you don’t yet have any celebratory plans, read on as we are offering a neat incentive for you to make some...

Last year Write Here! ran a competition in honour of Fountain Pen day to find out about your plans, and as lazy-Friday lack of imagination means that we can’t think of a different competition, we’re turning this into a fine tradition. Again, we’re asking you all to tell us about your plans for celebrating Fountain Pen day, and every entry that makes us smile or ‘oooh’ will be entered into a draw to win an Omas Art Deco Fountain Pen!



The lucky winner will be announced here on our Facebook page on Fountain Pen day! (And contacted shortly afterwards by email for nib preference and a delivery address.)

Good luck!

Enter either by messaging us on Facebook, or emails to: jade@writeherepens.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. I plan on re-sacing 5 Esterbrooks that I've had lying around for a few weeks! Then I will pick inks for each, ohh what pleasure hehe...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fountain Pen Day, 2013! In today's wildly technical world, write with a fountain pen to take the time actually needed to think before you write. Writing copy in ink on paper results in fewer rewrites and ultimately less time. Plus, you look cool. Wear a suit and tie to work on Friday, sporting a Stetson Fedora, and whip out your fountain pen to write copy and you'll get more women than Don Draper in Mad Men. Well maybe not that last part #fountainpen

    Oh, and my current pen that I'm using is a New/Modern Conklin Endura in the Black and White finish in a medium nib. I love it. Got it from Robert, who we all know as Speerbob. So, with apologies to Three Dog Night (for those not old enough to know who that is, look it up in Wikipedia and check them out on Youtube), I shall do a little rewrite to the a verse from "Black & White"

    The ink is black, the page is white
    Together we use a Conklin to read and write!

    Okay, maybe I'm a bit loopy again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Fountain Pen Day I will be using a TWSBI 540 with a 1.1 mm stub to grade papers using Scribal Workshop Zhulong and hoping I don't damage the psyche of some of my more delicate students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to pretend that Halloween is still occurring and dress up as a fountain pen...I'm applying urushi to myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I will be writing with my fountain pen. It makes me happy. Without it, I would hate writing. With it, I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete