Wednesday 21 November 2012

How can I improve my handwriting?

Was thinking the other day that I'm sure my handwriting has got much worse since I left school, entirely down to the fact that I just don't need to write as much anymore. Now I'm not very old but even I remember when I was at primary school and we had one computer per class room, so it was a rare thing to type up stories or reports thus my hand was more in use back in those days. So I decided to look into how I can improve my fairly scraggly hand, but at least it's not as bad as John's...

A few points that may be able to assist you and me with your handwriting...

- Write from your shoulder, keeping finger and hand movement to a minimum.



- If you're struggling then maybe try pens with different sized nibs or balls



- Ensure that the pen should is resting at top of the base knuckle, not between the finger and thumb.



- Make sure that your grip is light, and try to relax your hand as a whole.



- Sit up straight!



- If you're really set on improvement, hold your arm out in front of you, elbow bent and write big letters in the air to practice your technique.


- Practice Practice Practice!



There are far more enlightened people than me, so make sure you add your owns thoughts in to!

No comments:

Post a Comment